Author: Andrew| Date: Tuesday, June 09, 2015
Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition is now available for pre-order in the European Union, Norway and Switzerland.
The phone, made by the Spanish smartphones, tablets, electronic readers, and 3d printers producer BQ and, just like the first Ubuntu phone (Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition), this was initially an Android device.
Compared to the first Ubuntu phone, Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition, the new device comes with an improved rear camera (from 8 to 13 Mpx), double internal memory (8 GB vs. 16 GB), larger capacity battery (2150 mAh vs. 2500 mAh) as well as a better screen (5” 720 x 1280 for the E5 HD while the E4.5 has a 4.5”, 540×960 resolution screen).
As for the price, the new Aquarius E5 HD Ubuntu Edition costs €199.90 (including taxes but excluding shipping), €30 more than the Aquaris E4.5.
Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition specs:
- Screen: 5” (720 x 1280, 294 HDPI)
- Dimensions: 71 x 142 x 8,65 mm
- CPU: Quad Core Cortex A7 up to 1.3 GHz
- GPU: Mali 400-MP2 up to 500 Mhz
- Camera: 13 Mpx with autofocus and Dualflash rear / 5 Mp front
- Internal memory: 16 GB eMMC
- RAM: 1 GB
- Battery: Lipo 2500 mAH
- Dual micro-SIM
- MicroSD slot, up to 32 GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- 3G: 3G + (HSPA+/UMTS/GSM)
- Dragontrail Protection Glass, Ambient noise cancellation, Brightness sensor, Microphone, Notification LED, Proximity sensor
Pre-order Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition - €199.90 (the order will be processed starting from June 22nd)
image via BQ
Provided from: Techcrunch.
Leave a Reply